Last Updated: February 9, 2023
Marketing Compliance Coaching: What You Need to Know to Become a Smarter Digital Marketer
I help eCommerce and digital marketers with customized Internet marketing and marketing compliance tactics and documents to be compliant and competitive without costing them sales.
- My wheelhouse is the tip of your marketing spear: how you present your marketing message to your prospects in a hyper-regulated online marketplace.
- Your marketing message is a big deal. You should be able to navigate new and complex marketing regulations, but instead, you're left with questions regarding marketing compliance.
I'm here to help.
Your Concerns and Challenges with New FTC Enforcement Targeting Digital Marketers
There are two new FTC trends that you need to be aware of.
- The FTC's aggressive efforts with rulemaking that target digital marketers are intended to increase the FTC's legal authority to levy civil penalties (fines).
- The FTC's interpretation of advertising claims is becoming more nuanced.
More Information: Marketing Compliance
Your Concerns and Challenges with FTC Enforcement: As a digital marketer, your concerns and challenges in today's hyper-regulated environment are twofold.
It's essential that you:
- Have a working knowledge of the specific FTC rules and guides that affect your typical digital marketing campaigns, and
- Understand and apply the FTC's process for evaluating your advertising claims.
Failure to develop and apply these two requirements will increase your risk of an FTC enforcement action and substantial legal liability, with the possibility of personal liability.
How I can Help You
Traditional Legal Services
Traditional legal services typically follow four steps.
2. My Review.
3. Discussion and Decision-Time Among Recommended Options and Requirements.
4. Playbook Delivery.
Coaching Legal Services
Coaching services will help you understand the “why” behind my recommendations.
Coaching services focus on how you can understand and apply the FTC's process for evaluating your advertising claims.
How the FTC views certain types of advertising claims.
What are the “lightning rods” to always avoid and why.
How to apply the FTC's process for evaluating your advertising claims.
How to begin parsing your adverting claims to determine the net impression.
How to qualify your advertising claims so that you can legally substantiate them.
How to demonstrate compliance.
You'll gain a deeper understanding of the right questions to ask.
You'll become more confident in knowing how to manage risk by demonstrating compliance.
You'll save money on legal fees in the long run.
How to Get Started with Marketing Compliance Coaching
The recommended way to get started is to scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "Book a Call" button, then schedule a call.
We'll discuss your requirements and concerns and answer any questions you may have.
At the same time, sign Up for my complimentary 2-Minute Marketing Compliance Email.
It's not a newsletter (they take too long to read).
Every week or so, you'll get compliance tips, insights, strategies, tactics, and alerts you can digest quickly and use,
written in a simple, conversational way to help you grow your business with confidence.
Best wishes for your online business success.
- Juris Doctor Degree, Wake Forest University School of Law
- Adjunct Professor of Law, Wake Forest University School of Law (20 years)
- Martindale-Hubbell Highest Attorney Peer Rating – AV® PREEMINENT™
- Co-Founder & CEO, FTCGuardian.com, #1 in FTC Compliance Training